Reports to the Executive Director
Telecommute: Part-time with the potential to become full-time
Compensation: To be discussed
Operation Tiny Home is a 501(c)(3) Nonprofit. Our national startup is based in Grass Valley, CA. We provide veterans struggling with housing instability with the opportunity to maintain a life of dignity through high-quality tiny housing solutions and training programs. By the end of 2017 we will have organized and led seven free tiny home building workshops that provided hands-on construction and carpentry skills training to over 240 veterans and donated nine custom high-quality tiny homes to support veterans in need of housing in Washington, Texas, Wisconsin, Kansas, Florida, and Oklahoma.
Our company is seeking a proactive and enthusiastic Executive Assistant to provide top-notch support to the Founder/Executive Director and the team. Your eagerness to roll up your sleeves coupled with your “no task is too big or too small” mindset will allow you to thrive in this position. You will enjoy much variety as you respond to the changing needs of the organization. You are a resourceful problem solver, love to learn, think 10 steps ahead, and enjoy taking the reins and making a position your own.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a growing social enterprise! This position offers excellent potential for growth and the chance to be involved in all aspects of the business. As the Executive Assistant, you will be a key player in the success of the company.
- Manage complex and dynamic executive calendars;
- Plan and coordinate events from start to finish;
- Maintain donor database (Salesforce proficiency a plus);
- Coordinate website updates (Squarespace,& Shopify proficiency a plus);
- Create social media strategy and maintain social presence;
- Conduct timely written communication with partners, foundations and individual supporters as required, including thank you letters and monthly newsletter;
- Arrange travel logistics;
- Provide meeting and conference support;
- Process expense reports for the team;
- Take an active role in special projects and additional assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience;
- High level of initiative and strong follow through;
- Ability to meet strict deadlines;
- Passion for social entrepreneurship and values driven startup culture;
- Ability to anticipate team needs;
- Strong writing/proofreading skills;
- Highly detailed oriented;
- Exemplary planning and time management skills;
- Tech Savvy with excellent knowledge of Google Docs, Microsoft Office programs and up-to-date with top productivity and collaboration business applications;
- Maintain a high level of integrity and self-discipline;
- Friendly, polished and forthright communication style;
- Graphic and website design skills and Adobe proficiency a plus.
Please submit resume, letter of interest, and relevant experience here. In addition to your submission please indicate your compensation history. Please note professional references will be verified. This is a telecommute position.